Sunday 26 June 2011

Stage three - Edit stage (revised)

Originally in my storyboard I wished to have an edit stage after choosing the theme. Because each theme comes with a set inlay and cassette sticker to match, I wanted to let the user mix up the sticker and inlay so they could create their own style.

However I realised if I were to allow the user to edit the design on the cassette tape, it would be more effective if I let them have more freedom to add text and stickers.

Also as I was developing the stages I realised that because the user chooses the colour of the cassette tape first, sometimes the cassette sticker design does not compliment the colour. I had the idea to perhaps let the user tint the sticker colour so it would compliment the cassette colour more.

A test page for the code can be seen here:


Overall I think this would be a more beneficial stage to add to the process. I would like to add buttons of colour down the side of the cassette tape for the user to click on. When then the colour is clicked a tint will be applied to the cassette sticker. This is done by adding an event listener to the button for it to perform the function of tinting the movie clip tape_sticker.

The following classes are added to the top of the code:

import fl.motion.Color;
import flash.geom.ColorTransform;

The ColorTransform class adds the ability to control brightness and tint.

No comments:

Post a Comment