Sunday 10 April 2011

Redesign & New concept

After much consideration, I decided to change the concept of we heart mixtapes.

I was worried about the comparisons that would be made to makeamixa.com so I decided to change my idea slightly to avoid this.

The cassette tapes I was originally going to use were brand new un-used cassettes. However after looking at my target audience I decided to change this.

A cassette tape is a piece of history, soon factories will eventually stop manufacturing them. With this in mind, I have now decided to use old used mixtapes for my project. My target market will be mostly girls who enjoy the history of old/antique objects and one off vintage finds. Every cassette tape will be individual to its recipient making the story behind the mixtape more loving and sentimental. Also, this will tap into the green-conscience customer who is passionate about recycling and re-using.

With this new concept in mind, I am under-going a new redesign. The design will reflect the new concept and will have a handmade feel to it. Photography will be washed out and dreamy, using old cross processed filters. I will be taking inspiration from digital scrapbooking for the overall design of the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment