Thursday 2 December 2010

Actionscript & PHP

Using a tutorial within the book 'Flash and PHP bible' by Mathew Keefe I managed to get flash to talk to PHP.

This will be useful for when creating the mixtape sleeve designer as I am coding the site in PHP, the designer will be in actionscript. I will need some way for actionscript to talk to PHP and my mySQL database to transfer these details.

In the tutorial I used the classes URLRequest, URLVariables and URLLoader to talk to a PHP file I wrote which included some variables with values within them.

URLRequest = captures all the information in a single HTTP request
URLVariables = allows you to send variables from an application to the server
URLLoader = downloads data from the URL as text

The file can be viewed here:

http://www.sezzah.co.uk/FMP/phpflash01/connecttophp.html

No comments:

Post a Comment